Singlebrook Technology is a small, innovative web development firm located in Ithaca, NY. The company was founded in 2006, but our client relationships, experience and history date back to 1994. Our hallmarks are the relentless pursuit of programming excellence and responsive, thoughtful attentiveness to the needs of the client and the success and impact of their organization. Singlebrook's focus is on custom web development, but we are also in the process of developing several software partnerships and products that will contribute to our ongoing goal of simplifying business processes with our client's success in mind.
We are a creative bunch of musicians, theatre artists, athletes, canoe-builders and life-long programmers who have been brought together by a love of technology and all of its possibilities. The Singlebrook culture is defined by innovation, hard work, passion, strong ethics and a spirit of fun.
We are proud to be part of a new, growing breed of businesses that emphasize the triple bottom line of social responsibility, sustainability and profitability (people, planet, profit). We consider these three pillars in all of our business decisions. Our goal is to offer a compelling mix of value and values to our clients.
TECHNOLOGY FOR CHANGE
The mission of Singlebrook Technology, Inc. is to use our winning combination of experience, integrity and innovation to create web and mobile technology solutions that simplify our clients' organizations, amplify their impact and maximize their success, while manifesting technology's promise for a better future. Singlebrook values our employees, community (both local and global) and environment as much as we value our bottom line. We hope to use technology in ways that will make our world a better place and seek out employees, clients, vendors and partners that share this vision. Here are some of the values that define our company:
It goes with out saying that we serve our clients first and keep their success in mind with all of our efforts. Our clients appreciate the responsiveness and accessibility of our programmers. One of our main business priorities is to provide over-the-top customer service and we always welcome feedback that helps us improve our practices.
Innovation is hardwired into our culture at Singlebrook. Whether it's a game-changing new programming idea or just a simple improvement to our process, we are constantly striving to do things in new and better ways.
Singlebrook makes sustainability a priority in everything we do. Some of our efforts include:
- Becoming certified as a B Corporation, which means that sustainability and social values are written into our corporation's legal structure
- Using recycled paper or using technological solutions that avoid paper all together
- Using sustainable sources of electricity to power our office
- Using energy efficient compact fluorescent lightbulbs wherever possible
- Supporting sustainable causes, such as donating programming services to Greenlight New Orleans, an organization that puts energy efficient lightbulbs in residences and
businesses affected by Hurricane Katrina
- Creating technological solutions for clients that advance sustainable causes
- Locating our office in downtown Ithaca, NY, so that most of our staff walks or bikes to work
- Composting and Recycling in our office, so that we limit the amount of trash we generate.
- Using sustainable vendors whenever possible, such as our cleaning company, Green Clean which makes their own environmentally-friendly cleaning products.
- Offering discounted rates to companies that promote sustainability, such as our fellow B Corporations or Net Impact members.
Singlebrook believes in being generous with our ideas and we share knowledge with each other and our clients to improve our processes and results. We are also generous with our employees. We're a certified living wage employer and provide generous compensation and benefits to our staff. Finally, we are generous with our community, both local and global. We have a program which allows employees to get paid for some of their time spent volunteering for non-profits in the community. We also support several organizations through donations. Some of the charitable organizations we supported recently include:
- Green Light New Orleans
- New York Coalition for Healthy School Food
- The Salvation Army
- AIDS Ride for Life
- Hospicare and Palliative Care Services of Tompkins County
- American Cancer Society
- Tompkins County Workers' Center
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Mira's Movement (support for families of children with cancer)
- The Hangar Theatre
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- United Way of Tompkins County
- Green Corps
- Community Unity Music Education Program (CUMEP)
- Acumen Fund
The founders of Singlebrook have young children and understand well the joys and challenges of balancing careers and family-life. We give flexible hours to our staff, so that they can always be there for their families when it's important. As a result, they are able to be more productive and happy at the office and always create top-quality work for our clients.
Our ability to come up with positive and creative technical solutions for our clients arises from our fun and spirited work environment. We're not just office drones from a Dilbert cartoon! We are passionate about programming and we bring that energy and joy to all of our projects!
It's not too late to win a FREE CUSTOM IPHONE APP!
Singlebrook's latest strategy for generating a positive impact involves our Sustainable iPhone App Program. There's still time to submit an entry before our August 15th deadline! We'd love to hear from you.