Brodrene Hartmann A/S develops, designs, and produces molded fiber packaging. The Company makes the packaging from recycled papers, and the product line includes packaging for eggs and fruit, as well as for consumer electronics and domestic appliances. Hartmann also makes liners and core boards. The Company manufactures the products in several countries and markets worldwide.1
1. Putting recycled newspaper back to use by using as an input to make molded fiber packaging1.
2. In 2003 Hartmann joined the UN Global Compact, which commits them to integrate the Global Compact and its principles into the strategy, culture and daily practice of our business.2
3. Croatia Hartmann (subsidiary) was certificated in 2006 according to the SA8000 standard. SA8000 is the only existing international standard for managing ethical workplace conditions throughout global supply chains.3
4. In lieu of their work in sustainability and their belief in such work Hartmann makes a point to cooperate closely with several universities and other external partners. Hartmann often engages them in projects in order to secure a high quality of knowledge sharing between the external partners and Hartmann.4
1. Hartmann will endeavour to protect, respect and safeguard environmental values by means of the systematic and proactive integration of environmental considerations in its daily business activities, the development of environmentally friendly production methods and products, the training of its employees in environmental issues, as well as the influencing of stakeholders in the value chain to which the Group belongs.1
2. Hartmann has developed a management model that provides an operational structure for their efforts: Sustainability Tools for the Entire Product-chain. The STEP® model is used within the field of environmental and human progress2 and was formed with the objective of making holistic environmental and social work concrete, systematic and operational.3
3. In line with Hartmann's commitment to the “Caring for Climate Initiative” which was launched by Global Compact they have committed thenselves to reducing their carbon footprint and have launched a 3 year initiative bringing down energy consumption significantly. The aim and ambition of this initative is to reduce the energy consumption in 2009 to 2011 with 20% per kg products.4
HQ in Gentofte, Denmark1.