Automatic Data Processing is a global provider of business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource (HR), payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP is also a provider of integrated computing solutions to automotive, heavy truck, motorcycle, marine and recreational vehicle dealers globally. Assists approximately 540,000 employers in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America (primarily Brazil), Australia and Asia to staff, manage, pay and retain their employees1.
1. Data management systems to help ensure people are paid properly e.g., ADP software helps make sure the employees are compensated for overtime pay. Lawsuits from this sort of error in management outnumber lawsuits from discrimation, says the company. So if the company is helping prevent people from being underpayed, the impact is substantial1.
2. Diversity and generous workplace accomodations - ADP has a strong focus on diversity in employee demographics. Has an entire section on diversity on its website. The company was also recognised on DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies list. 31% of ADP's work force is Black, Asian, Latino and American Indian. ADP also has unbiased retention, meaning retention is equal across race and gender, in its work force and management. It offers a slew of work/life programs including tuition assistance, a scholarship program for associates' children, on-ramping and off-ramping, Associate Real Estate Assistance Program, Matching Gift Program & Workplace Giving Campaign, onsite banking (ADP Federal Credit Union), a mobile beauty salon, shoe shiners, free video conferencing to far-away family during the holidays, a mobile post office, onsite passport renewal, onsite DVD rentals, a mobile vision center, wellness/quiet rooms or new-mothers room, film processing, a personal travel service, subsidized lunch on a daily basis and a personal concierge service.2
3. Audits its supplier-diversity numbers, includes diversity metrics in its RFPs and vendor contracts, and ties procurement-management compensation to successful supplier-diversity results. It also communicates supplier-diversity initiatives internally to all employees.3
4. Has made donations to the National Wildlife Federation4
1. ADP is an affiliate member of Climate Savers Computing. Members of the initiative commit to purchasing energy-efficient PCs and servers for new IT purchases, and to broadly deploying power management. By publicly declaring their support for this important effort, companies demonstrate their commitment to the “greening” of IT and join other industry-leading companies and organizations blazing new trails in corporate social responsibility and sustainable IT.1
2. Gary Butler, CEO of ADP considers diverse workforce to be a source of competitive advantage and the force behind innovation and ideas "Innovation and ideas at ADP are driven by people at all levels and from all backgrounds. In any economic environment, a diverse work force is a competitive advantage and powerful business tool. Attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry is crucial to ADP conducting business and competing globally."2.
What was it that dropped this company from the FTSE index? When did it happen? When it says the company helps to outsource functionalities of the business like human resources, do this mean that their software takes it over or are there people working 'overseas'? If so, what is their behavior like? HQ in Roseland, NJ. ADP does not have a CSR section on its website. Not sure if a diverse worforce and diverse supplier base is good enough to justify SRI.