Asahi Pretec gathers metals from dental, jewelry and electronics sources and then recycles them in an effort to protect the environment and recycle waste. They were delisted from the exchanges in March 2009 as they undergo reconstruction and are traded under 5857 JP as a holding company as they move through these changes1.
1. Recycled metal products and waste treatment1.
2. They perform the detoxification and appropriate disposal of various types of waste to contribute to resolving global environmental issues.2
3. For the promotion of environmental management, Asahi have introduced environmental accounting starting in FY2005 and publicly disclose costs related to environmental protection.3
4. Asahi Pretec agree with the purpose and support the activities of the 8020 Promotion Foundation for the 8020 Campaign (a campaign to still have over 20 of one’s own teeth upon reaching the age of 80). They also recycle the removed teeth crowns collected by dental clin- ics that agree with the purpose of the cooperating organization for reproducing precious metals such as gold and palladium.4
1. Asahi Pretec is making contributions to help reduce greenhouse gas emission through business activities such as the collection of precious metals, glass, fire-proof bricks and CFCs.1
2. The company has a number of goals and guidelines by which they hold themselves accountable. Some of these include:
In all business activities Asahi will strive to conserve resources and energy and reduce, reuse, and recycle waste to minimize the environmental burden.
They We will promote the recycling of resources of precious and rare metals to achieve a more effective use of the limited resources of the earth.
They will adequately and safely perform our operations for the collection, transportation, and treatment of industrial waste to prevent environmental pollution2