Alok Industries is a fully integrated public limited company that has its interests in the textile industry. They are involved in weaving, knitting, processing, home textiles and garments. Alok Industries is backward integrated into cotton spinning and also manufactures partially oriented yarn through the continuous polymerisation route with the intention of procuring the highest quality of their products and to incur the maximum cost effciencies for their production activites. They also provide embroidered products through Grabal Alok Impex Ltd., an associate company. Through their diversified manufacturing of world-class home textiles, garments, apparel fabrics and polyester yarns they are able to sell their products directly to manufacturers, exporters, importers, retailers and to some of the world’s top brands. Alok has also entered the domestic retail segment of India through a wholly owned subsidiary, Alok Retail India Limited, with a chain of stores named ‘H&A’ that offer garments and home textiles at attractive price points.1
1. Alok in association with Zameen organic has endeavored to form Asia’s first farmer owned Fair Trade Company, supporting the conversion of thousands of small and marginal farmers to organic farming and helping them establish independent cooperatives.1
2. Alok encourages the cultivation of eco-friendly Organic cotton and uses Organic and Fair Trade cotton in its products. This practice involves paying a premium to the grower and redistributing part of the value addition (from cotton to branded end product) down the value chain to up to the farmer.2
3. Alok has implemted the use of eco-friendly dyes for all its processing. This practice has ensured that the post-dyeing effluent is not discharged into the environment without it being treated. Alok has also installed reverse osmosis (RO) units at its plants; these help the units to recover fresh water from treated water .3
4. Local tribal women of the areas in which Alok operates in have few employment and educational opportunities. Alok has trained these local tribal women for its weaving and garmenting plants, who have now become active and competent performers in the Alok workforce.4
1. Alok is in the process of building a 10 tonnes per day (tpd) plant for recycling polyester.
2. Alok has implemented incientives that aids in the refurbishing and supporting of poor schools.
To obtain more information on the CSR activities feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org