Aksa Akrilik Kimya Sanayii A.S. is a Turkey-based acrylic fiber manufacturer. Its core products include tow, staple fiber, top, bumps, micro fiber and pigment-dyed fiber. The Company’s products are used for a range of applications, such as garden furniture, boat covers, knitwear, blankets, construction and other technical applications. The Company has a customer portfolio of over 300 organizations, and its products are exported to more than 50 countries in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Aksa Akrilik Kimya Sanayii A.S. has a production plant in Yalova. Its subsidiary, Ak-Han Bakim Yont. Serv. Hizm. Guven. Malz. A.S., is active in the service sector. Aksa Akrilik Kimya Sanayii A.S. is part of Akkok Group1.
1. AKSA signed the Responsible Care Commitment at February 11, 1993. AKSA is the first enterprise in Turkey whom adopted and began to apply the Triple Responsibility Commitment which are the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and TS-18001 systems integrated together. 1
2. AKSA has a number of CSR projects that allows them to be actively involved in their local community and surrounding communities. Such projects include: Waste Management Systems established in schools and seminars related with environmental regulations, donations provided to associations, foundations, chambers and civil community organizations, and forestation works (20,000 saplings every year) are among some of ASKA's many CSR projects.2
1. AKSA was audited with regards to the applications of their Triple Responsibility Commitment by an external corporate body. AKSA obtained high points at the end of the audit and was honored with a “Triple Responsibility Management System Certificate”. The certificate was valid between 2006-2009.
2. AKSA has a policy of being a “Productive and Environmental-Friendly-Manufacturer” and as such have practiced politics and strategies as well as set determined targets, business plans and improvement programs.1
3. The chemical materials used in the manufacturing stage of various products in AKSA are not harmful to human health and can be used especially in infants wear. The safety document related with this topic is the ÖKO-TEX 100 Certificate of Compatibility To Health. To maintain the validity of this certificate AKSA submits samples of our products to the TESTEX Textile Laboratory located in Switzerland. The certificate is renewed at a regular order every year.2
1. AKSA uses VAM and ACN as raw materials in their production process to help manufacture their products.1ACN which stands for Acrylonitrile is a chemical that may cause serious effects to a human who may come into contact with it.2 VAM which stands for Vinyl acetate has been showed by some laboratory animal studies that long-term exposure to vinyl acetate can cause a carcinogenic response.3