Air Liquide SA specializes in the supply of oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and other gases. The Company's products and services are organized into five main business lines. The Industrial Merchant offers gas solutions for industries such as food, automobiles, metal manufacturing, technologies and research and pharmaceuticals. The Large Industries segment offers gas and energy solutions to large industries. Its Healthcare segment supports patients through a range of services, devices and equipment. The Electronics segment supplies semiconductor industries with ultra-pure gases and fluids. The Related Activities segment comprises activities cryogens, specialty chemicals, equipment and consumables for welding and cutting, space and aeronautics and engineering. In February 2009, Air Liquide acquired Air Separation, a Tunisian company specializing in respiratory care. In May 2009, the Company, through its subsidiary, Air Liquide Healthcare America Corp., acquired Pacific Science Inc1.
1. Sustainable development on web. http://www.airliquide.com/en/company/sustainable-development-1.html
2. 2001 - "Nuvera Fuel Cells, Inc. and Air Liquide recently announced plans to form a joint venture to develop and market complete power production systems based on fuel cell and fuel processor technology." http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-70649341.html
1. *** 2001 Fined $4.5mm by the federal government to settle a lawsuit over illegal releases of refrigeration chemicals that exceeded federal limits. 22 facilities in 18 states were responsible for the releases. "The Justice Department also alleged that Air Liquide failed to locate and repair leaks, didn't keep proper records, and failed to use EPA-certified technicians to maintain and repair the equipment... Under the settlement, the company has agreed to replace systems that run on ozone-depleting refrigerants with ones that use more environmentally-benign chemicals that don't contain chlorofluorocarbons, known as CFCs." Company would also fund an environmental justice project as part of the settlement. "'We found out about the problems in Denver and we did a self-audit of all our facilities to assure that all of them were following policies and procedures, and we made all of that available to the government,' said Linda Krupps, an Air Liquide spokeswoman in Houston. The company takes the allegations very seriously and has disciplined several employees, she said." http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-75814034.html
2. 2002 Ranks in the worst 40% of TRI reporters in the US. In the best 50% for noncancer risk. http://www.scorecard.org/env-releases/facility.tcl?tri_id=90744RLQDC1502...
3. 1994-1996 Transnationale cites 4 acts of direct corruption or lobbying. Couldn't find any, except on case of price fixing between two of its subsidiaries on a contract bid in 1995. http://www.transnationale.org/companies/air_liquide.php http://www.mondaq.co.uk/article.asp?articleid=48737
Significant controversy but it occurred many years ago, and no more recent information is coming up. Industrial and medical gases. http://www.airliquide.com/en/company/who-we-are.html